- 114 Bridgeton Pike
- Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
- Direct Line (856) 312-3739
- Fax: (856) 478-6287
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Harrison Township’s Governing Body adopted Ordinance 53-2011 on December 19, 2011. This ordinance eliminated the Zoning Board of Adjustment and combined all functions of the Zoning Board with the Planning Board pursuant to NJSA 4-:55D-25(c). The Board is commonly referred to as the Joint Land Use Board. The Meetings are the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month @7:00 p.m. and held in the Courtroom at 114 Bridgeton Pike.
Below are the procedures for various types of Joint Land Use Board applications and the forms required for submissions to the Board. If you have questions on any of the procedures or submission requirements, please call or email the Board Secretary.
Note: Joint Land Use Board applications will only be accepted for filing Monday through Thursday. No applications may be filed on Fridays.
Joint Land Use Board Applications
The Joint Land Use Board reviews land development applications, including:
- Major Subdivisions
- Major Site Plans
- Minor Subdivisions
- Minor Site Plans
- Bulk Variances in conjunction with an application for development approval
- Administrative Design Change Requests
- Site Plan Waivers
- Conceptual Plan Reviews
- Applications pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-70:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged by the appellant that there is error in any order, requirement, decision or refusal made by an administrative officer based on or made in the enforcement of the zoning ordinance. Such an appeal must be filed within twenty (20) days of the officer’s decision.
- Hear and decide requests for interpretation of the zoning map or ordinance or for decisions upon other special questions upon which such board is authorized to pass by any zoning or official map ordinance.
- Hear and decide applications for “c” variances (variances relating to lot area, yard areas, setbacks, etc.)
- Hear and decide applications for “d” variances (variances allowing use of a building or property not permitted in a particular zoning district).
Please review the Land Development Review Checklist (Ordinance 23-2010 adopted August 16, 2010) to determine the submission materials required for your subdivision, site plan or concept plan application. Checklist items 1 through 9 are administrative items and the forms, or more information, can be found below under “Forms”. Land Development Review Checklist (Ordinance 23-2010 adopted August 16, 2010)
In addition to the number of plans sent with an application, all plans need to be sent electronically to the Joint Land Use Board Secretary –
Checklist Item #1 – Land Development Application Form – The application form must be completely filled out. All titled owners of the property must sign the application form and their signatures must be notarized. All titled applicants must sign the application form and their signatures must be notarized. In the case of a non-individual applicant, proof must be submitted that the person signing as the applicant has the authorization of the entity to sign on its behalf.
Checklist Item #4 – The list of applications made to other Review Agencies can be included on the Land Development application, or you may submit a separate sheet with the list. The link to the Gloucester County Planning Board application forms is below.
Checklist Item #5 and #6 Fee Schedule – Use the Fee Schedule to determine the correct application and escrow fees for your submission. The application fees and escrow deposits must be paid by separate checks. Remember that where an application for development includes several approval requests, the sum of the individual required fees shall be paid.
Checklist Item #7 – Escrow Responsibility Form – must be signed and notarized.
Checklist Item #7 – The Tax ID number form can be downloaded from the Department of Treasury website.
Checklist Item # 8 – The Proof of Current Tax Payment certification can be obtained from the Tax Collector’s office – phone number (856)478- 6454.
- Sample Notice of Hearing Form
- Affidavit of Service Form
- 200 Foot Property Owner List
- Temporary Business Sign Permit Application
The submission requirements for an administrative design change request or a site plan waiver are shown below.
Procedures and Submission Requirements for:
Use Variances – “d” variance:
- Use Variance Application Form (Notice of Appeal)
- How to File a Use Variance Application
- Use Variance Checklist
Bulk Variance – “c” variance (not in conjunction with a subdivision or site plan):
- Bulk Variance Application Form(Notice of Appeal)
- How to file for a Bulk Variance
- Bulk Variance Checklist
Administrative Design Change Requests:
Site Plan Waviers:
- Waiver of Site Plan Application
- Certificate Of Ownership
- Escrow Agreement
- Waiver of Site Plan Checklist
- Ordinance No 9-2003
- Number of Documents to be filed with an application
- Plat Signing Procedures
- Harrison Township Tax Map.
- Open Public Records Act Request Form
- Rules and Regulations of the Joint Land Use Board
- Environmental Impact Worksheet
- List of Residential Developments in Harrison Township
- List of Commercial Developments in Harrison Township
- 2021 Meeting Dates
- NJDEP Major Development Stormwater Summary Form
Land Development Ordinances
- Chapter 34 – Land Use Procedures
- Chapter 107 – Land Development Review Environmental Worksheet
- Chapter 110 – Fees
- Chapter 113 – Fences
- Chapter 123 – Floodplain Management
- Chapter 174 – Site Plans, Major
- Chapter 176 – Site Plan, Minor
- Chapter 188 – Storm Water Management
- Chapter 192 – Subdivision of Land
- Chapter 225 – Zoning
Gloucester County Planning Board application forms
- Walter Bright , Chair 12-31-2024
- Anthony DiFabio, Vice Chair 12-31-2022
- Dennis Chambers 12-31-2021
- Steve Dickson 12-31-2023
- Joseph Schwab 12-31-20224
- Marissa Straccialini 12-31-2021
- Constantine Benas 12-31-2023
- Bill Madara, Alternate No. 12-31-2021
- Dennis Bonanni, Alternate No. 2 12-31-2022
- Mathew Cardile, Alternate N0. 3 12-31-2022
- Robert Schumann, Alternate No. 4 12-31-2022
Township Committee Representatives
- Mayor Louis Manzo
- Committeewoman Julie DeLaurentis
- Solicitor: Kevin A. Van Hise, Esq.
- Engineer: Hugh Dougherty, P.E., Pennoni Associates
- Planner: Robert Melvin, P.P., Pennoni Associates (Group Melvin Design)