The Harrison Township Veterans’ Commission is made up local residents who have proudly served our Country within the United States Armed Forces.
Honor a veteran today with a memorial brick. The Harrison Township Veteran’s Memorial ‘Hero Lane’ is located at entrance of the William Wilt Soccer Complex; the walkway to the memorial is lined with engraved pavers honoring those veteran’s who have given of themselves in honor of their country. Order your paver by
If you or someone you know is a resident of Harrison Township and a Veteran of any branch of the armed services, the Harrison Township Committee would like to recognize their service with a Proclamation. Please contact Mayor Dennis Clowney for additional information and details (email@example.com).
The Mayor and Township Committee are honored to recognize the following military Veterans and recipients of an official Proclamation:
For information on obtaining a Gloucester County Veteran’s ID Card, contact the Gloucester County Store at the Deptford Mall.(Outside Boscov’s) Phone number 856-686-6013, or contact any member of the Harrison Township Veterans Commission.
CELEBRATIONS AND CEREMONIES
Check back for updated listings of future events!
MILITARY AND VETERANS DISCOUNTS
The following merchants in Harrison Township have generously offered discounts to all Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States:
- Amish Market Dutch Kitchen – 10% off on Thursdays for a Veteran and one guest
- Blueplate Restaurant – 10% off Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays for a Veteran and one guest
- Carvel in Mullica Hill – 10% off any purchase, any day
- Crescent Moon Coffee & Tea – 5% off any day
- Donna’s Hallmark – 10% off every Tuesday
- Heritage Vineyards of Richwood – 10% off any purchase any day
- Pat’s Pizzeria – 10% off any purchase, any day
- Subway – 10% off any purchase, any day
- Supercuts – $14.00 haircut for Veterans, any day
- Village Bagels – 10% off any day
- Warren’s Hardware – 5% off any purchase any day
- Marino’s of Mullica Hill – 10% off any day
- C & K Candy at the Amish Market – 10% off Thursdays only
(Merchants may request a form of Military service or a Gloucester County Veteran’s ID Card**)
Eagle Scout Project for Harrison Township Veterans Commission.
Justin A. Srsic, of Troop 7026 and Harrison Township, has completed ‘A Record of Veterans of the Armed Forces Interred within Harrison Township, New Jersey’ as his Eagle Scout Project. He has dedicated this book to the Harrison Township Veterans Commission.
‘A Record of Veterans of the Armed Forces Interred within Harrison Township, New Jersey’ Is available to view at the Harrison Township Municipal Clerks Office.
- Travel deals for the military: http://www.govarm.com/
- Gloucester County Veterans Affairs’ Office: http://www.co.gloucester.nj.us/Government/Departments/VA/main.cfm
- New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans’ Affairs: http://www.nj.gov/military/veterans/programs.html
- Military Records Request (via the National Archives site): http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/standard-form-180.html#ways
- Military Records Request for Veterans (online service): http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/
- DOD Cold War Service Recognition Certificate: https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/active/tagd/coldwar/default.htm
- Retirement Planner: Special Extra earnings for Military Service http://harrisontwp.us/boards-commissions/veterans-commission-info/